1000th post, here we go! I’ve had a little bit to drink so this is all going in dot points so I don’t have to join it all together:
• Last week the head of fine arts submitted my resin sculpture into the Noel Chettle exhibition which was heaps exciting! I didn’t win anything but still stoked to have it entered!
• uni is done, so happy to have free time again, I got to spend the weekend back home swimming in rivers and catching cicadas
• going to Falls festival again in Byron this time, and then Laneway after that, plus my 21st in between that, Cannot wait till January!
• when I told my mates that I discovered I like Taylor Swift I got shit for ages and there was this running joke that if I ever went to her concert It had gone too far and an intervention would be needed, and I said I would never buy tickets, but I’d probably go if someone won me free ones - turns out my friend from uni did win free ones, so tonight I’m going to Taylor Swift. It’s actually happening. And I’m so keen for it.
• Do you ever wonder how you got to this place in your life, like when you were young would you have ever imagined you would be where you are right now? I don’t know, getting too philosophical for 2 in the afternoon but that’s what you get for day drinking (we are pre drinking for Taylor Swift, and I will end on this point)
B&W by Nicolas Lalli
Part of a personal print series of black and white posters.
The Collapse of Cohesion by Levi van Veluw
The disintegration of different elements from Van Veluw’s boyhood bedroom are depicted, as they rupture into chaos.
The Arrival! Do you have a favourite of his books? Also, do you have any other favourite artists? Aha sorry for all the questions :/
Oh sweet! The Arrival is my favourite! I try to pick it up as much as possible, I’ve never had another book like it. I really love his new one too though! Don’t be sorry I love questions! Well I don’t know heaps of artists, but I do really like Guy Pascal Vallez, Jerry Washington, M.C Escher, Jordan Eagles, Mulga, Brett Helquist, can’t think of any others! I really love graphic and linework stuff. Who are your favourites? Any I should check out?
Asked by Anonymous
hi this is really random but i like your blog and today I bought my first shaun tan book :) you are awesome, k bye.
Well this is super nice, thank you! And that’s sick! Which one? I accidentally dropped my new Shaun Tan book on the train last week, that was terrifying.
Stumbled upon this site which captures the most amazing images found on Google Street view. It’s a fascinating lense to view the world. I could easily scroll through this site for hours. Here are a few that made me laugh and cry. (All photos from Google Street View via 9-eyes.com)
My model for Architectural Communications
Radical manipulation of the Balancing Barn through a conceptual driver - the physical dichotomy of its form, the grounded half of solidity, a block-mass like simplicity, the other half contrasted in a cantilevered extrapolation of fluidity and continuation of movement.
Iron oxide plaster and stained balsa model on a plaster block base.